The Vietnamese history dates back until 4000 years. Often this beautiful country was occupied by China. However the latest was by French. So the vietnamese culture is influenced by Chinese and French. This can be seen in architecture and cuisine as well. Vietnam is a country of natural and cultural diversity and a serious must see in South East Asia.
Vietnam offers a great diversity in nature. In the north are spectacular mountain range, rivers and of course, the vietnam typical rice terraces, that offers unforgetable scenic views. Central Vietnam offers scenic river towns, national parks and long, white sandy beaches. In the south the Mekhong Delta is dominating the landscape and always worth a visit.
Vietnamese cuisine is light and mostly mild in taste. There are influences by Chinese, Thailand, French and sometimes even India. Most famous is the noodle soup (pho) that is served all over the day with different accessories and a mild, harmonic taste. Well known is also the vietnamese coffee culture. Everywhere in town it is served in coffee houses or by street vendors.
Presently there are 54 different ethnic groups living in the country. The majority with 90% are the Viet people. The other 10% are small ethnic groups. Currently 70% of the population is influenced by the buddhism. Vietnamese are very proud of their traditions and practice them.
Vietnam’s diverse climate
varies significantly from region to region:
The North (Hanoi to Sapa)
April to October: temperatures between 30-35°C with occasional bursts of heavy rain.
December to March: temperatures between 10-15°C.
February and March can be damp with drizzle and overcast skies.
The Centre (Hue to Nha Trang)
Nha Trang: sunshine all year round apart from November and December when the area has heavy rain.
Dalat: cooler than the coastal area, particularly from November to March.
Danang and Hue: typhoons from mid October to mid December
The South (Ho Chi Minh City to Phan Thiet)
May to October: hot and wet
November to April: hot and humid
Please note: The weather can be very unpredictable so it may be a good idea to carry an umbrella or raincoat with you. You can purchase these from supermarkets and general stores.
Things to do
Exploring caves in Vietnam
Cruising in Vietnam
Kayaking in Vietnam
cooking class in vietnam
Cycling in Vietnam
Trishaw in Vietnam
Sightseeing in Vietnam
Beach holiday in Vietnam
River rafting in Vietnam
Local life in Vietnam
Trekking in Vietnam